Sunday, February 12, 2012

shots, shots, sh-sh-sh-shots, shots!

So far, so good!  Andrea and I have been doing the Lupron shots for about 2 weeks now.  Every morning, after I get ready for work, I wake up Andrea.  Then I give myself my shot (because I'm tough) and I give Andrea her shot (because she's not tough  =P).  This past Friday, February 10th, was the first shot that Andrea had to give to me.  It was the Estradiol Valerate injection, which is also called Delestrogen.  She did a pretty good job!  I only felt a pinch and then not much else.  It also helped that she bought me some vegan cookies from Vegan Treats in Bethlehem.  :)  Andrea's Follistim and Lovenox shots start tomorrow and then she adds Menopur on Wednesday.  I can't believe that we're this far along, it seems like it snuck up on us.  So pumped!

On Wednesday the 8th, we went in for our baseline bloodwork and ultrasounds.  Everything looked fine. There was one little issue with Andrea's thyroid, but nothing major.  We have some bloodwork this week on the 16th.  Then more bloodwork and ultrasounds on the 20th.  If all goes according to plan, the 24th or 25th we'll be doing the retrieval, and sometime between the 27th and the 29th we'll be doing the transfer.  That's about 2 1/2 weeks away!  Holy crap!  Is this really happening?  Ahhh!  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment